Welcome to Wholeheartedly Speaking…. I love the phrase that inspires me to create a new perspective about life and that is the allowing myself to evolve from “Information to transformation”, yet the difficult part is trying to put this practice into my daily life.
Information is very important to educate us about how we are able to think differently, but applying those concepts can seem like a daunting task to “transform” ourselves into who we are truly meant to be. Believe me; you are on the right road!
Beginning your own self-awareness journey will take a lifetime, but believe me it is worth it and every day forward is an opportunity to learn to show up and be seen! Our culture has such a difficult time addressing issues that we don’t want to see. We live in a “NEVER ENOUGH” society and the mantra is: not good enough, not rich enough, not pretty enough, but more importantly not RELEVANT enough. We are asking ourselves; “Are my contributions meaningful?” “Do I matter?” The answer to that is YES, you are enough right NOW! Three facts based on the research from Dr. Brene Brown; a well-known researcher from the University of Houston:
- Guess What?? Everyone is in struggle! Absolutely no one gets a “free ticket” from suffering in life, they may have different struggles, but we need to stop thinking there is a perfect life out there! “Comparison is the thief of happiness.” Laura Williams
- All of us want to feel loved and that we belong and in the absence of these two things there is suffering. Love is not something we give or get…. it is something that we nurture and grow; it is a connection between two people, we can only love others as much as we love ourselves. When we blame, shame, disrespect, and withhold affection it damages the roots from which love grows. The only way love is able to survive these injuries are if they are discussed and acknowledged. “Circumstances outside you do not have to lead your heart; instead allow your heart to lead in all circumstances.” ~unknown
- Belonging is defined as our innate human desire to be bigger than ourselves because this yearning is so primal we try to acquire it by fitting in and seeking approval which not only is a hollow substitute for belonging but creates barriers. True belonging only happens when we present our true and authentic selves to the world. Our sense of belonging will never be greater than our own level of self-acceptance.
So, how do these concepts go from written information into transformation? Yes, you know the answer, it begins with YOU!! Self-awareness is KEY…. Start today by creating your authentic self by doing three things:
- Let go of who you think you are supposed to be and embrace who you are… ask yourself… “What do I need?” “How am I able to get it?”
- Have the courage to be imperfect, set boundaries and be open by asking “Am I able to do this without resentment?” If you can’t, don’t do it! Come up with an alternative idea that is good for you.
- Becoming aware that through our struggles, we are inviting grace, joy and gratitude into our lives, think of one thing you are grateful for when you wake up and one when you go to sleep!
Remember, “Your present circumstances don’t determine where you can go; they merely determine where you start.” ~ Nido Qubein
Wishing all of you the best!
Please check out this new web site for women it sure is motivating! It is called Mighty Petunia http://www.mightypetunia.com